Mergers and Acquisitions
The Mergers and Acquisitions team at Pavilion are strategic advisors to buyers, sellers, and target companies in share and asset transactions, mergers, restructurings and amalgamations. They are experienced in all aspects of public and private company transactions, from conducting early stage, pre-sale audits and due diligence to negotiating and drafting the Letter of Intent (LOI) and purchase agreements, and ultimately closing the deal and advising on post-closing matters.
The Pavilion Mergers and Acquisitions advisory team has acted on deals of all sizes, such as the sale of a start-up company or a complex sale and restructuring of a group of companies valued in excess of $200 million.
Clients come from a wide variety of industries, including real estate, construction, clean technology, information technology, fisheries and aquaculture, food and grocery, healthcare, transportation and trucking, mining, heavy equipment, land clearing and road building, manufacturing, professional services (e.g., accounting, insurance, healthcare providers), and retail services.
Our advisors can assist with:
- Preparing for sale or purchase
- Conducting pre-sale audits for vendors and assisting them with enhancing the value of their business
- Advising on the structure of the transaction, including share purchases, asset purchases, debt or equity financings, plans of arrangement, restructuring, mergers, and spin-out transactions
- Conducting due diligence reviews on target companies and preparing vendors for sale
- Implementing a purchase and sale
In addition, our team can assist with:
- Negotiating and drafting Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Letters of Intent (LOIs), offers to purchase, share and asset purchase agreements, escrow agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, loan agreements, vendor take-back agreements, shareholders agreements, employment and consulting agreements, and other transaction documents
- Advising employers on the transition of employees and Human Resource (HR) matters
- Requesting consents and assignments from landlords, customers, and suppliers
- Obtaining consents from lenders and making arrangements for the repayment and discharge of debts
- Working with our legal support team for post-closing matters, including updating corporate filings, amalgamations, and handling holdbacks and purchase price adjustments